Sally Hudson Ross retired from the University of Georgia Department of Language and Literacy, after many wonderful years of working with Georgia English teachers. She now thrives on travel, hiking, golf, and photography.
Sally Ross’s work is often described as painterly, an effect she strives to achieve through her eye as an artist, her sense of composition, and her knowledge and use of the camera as a creative tool.
You will find that Sally has a particular vision as a woman, an artist, and a photographer. “I have come to understand,” she says, “that the central theme of my work—and my life—is to live and to create art that soothes one’s soul. I live to travel, to walk the hills, glens, beaches, and cities of the world, to play golf, meet people, and to create fine art photographs.”
Through her photography, Sally invites you to share the moments, the memories, the feelings that she has captured here.
Recognition and Awards
• 1st place, Best Photography, Celebrate Clayton, 2009 and 2012.
• The Studio Group, Athens. Invited member, 2012.
• President, Athens Area Arts Council, 2011-2013.
• Southern Distinction magazine, 2010 and 2012. Featured Artist. Author, Golf in the Northern Highlands, 2012.
• OCAF Southworks National Juried Art Exhibition, Athens. Text and Boundary, 2009; Illumination, 2010; Chinese Wagon, 2013.
• Fine Arts Exhibition of the Decatur Arts Festival, Decatur, GA (juried). Camore Wood, Scotland, 2011.
• Honorable Mention, Hampton Gallery, Greensboro, GA: Lisa’s Little House, 2009.
• OCAF National Juried Art Exhibition:
• Southworks Juried Arts Festival, Oconee Cultural Arts Foundation, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.
• OCAF Members Exhibition, Stairway, 2010; Peachtree Row & Country Morning Vision, July 2009; Blue House, December 2008.
• Lyndon House Juried Art Exhibition, Athens. White Boat, Blue Cord. 2009; The Edge, 2011. We Were Three, 2013.
• Georgia in Bloom Juried Art Fest, Madison Artists Guild: 2009, 2010, 2011. Choice Award, 2009.
• Atlanta Photography Group: In Your Dreams Juried Exhibition: Dream Escape, We Were Three, and Princess Dreams, 2009.
• Athens First Bank & Trust, Five Points Dogwood, Taylor Grady Columns, and Athens City Hall, in Hancock headquarters & 2009 calendar.
Exhibitions and Festivals
• Art at the Rock, Rock Eagle (GA)
• Athens Farmers Market (GA)
• ATHFest, Athens
• Aurum Studios, Lake Oconee and Athens
• Big City Bread, Athens
• Blairsville (GA) Highland Games
• Buckhead (GA) Arts Festival
• Celebrate Clayton (GA)
• Decatur (GA) Arts Festival
• Duluth (GA) Arts Festival
• Dunwoody (GA) Arts Festival
• Earthfare, Athens
• Hampton Gallery, Greensboro
• Healing Arts Center, Athens
• Heery’s Too, Athens
• Lyndon Full House & Gypsy Markets, Athens
• OCAF Holiday Market, Watkinsville
• Stone Mountain Highland Games (GA)
• The Grit, Athens
• The Last Resort Grill, Athens
• Virginia Highlands Arts Festival (GA)
• Washington (GA) Arts Festival